CYO Sports is one component of a parish's comprehensive youth ministry program which enables the partnership of parents, coaches, priests, religious, teachers, and adult leaders to manage and support a sports program that allows youth to grow in their relationship with God and come to better understand themselves and the Catholic Faith.
- Employs healthy and enjoyable competition to promote the sharing of gospel values among athletes, parents, and coaches
- Assists parish leadership in nourishing the emotional, spiritual, social, and physical needs of young people.
- Encourages our youth to appreciate the gifts they possess, and challenges them to share these gifts with their community
- Allows youth to witness the life of Christian discipleship in their coaches and adult leaders
- Encourages youth to become responsible members of their faith community