Winter Sports Registration Now Open!
Registration for Basketball (Grades 3-12) and Cheerleading (K-4)
Deadline for Basketball Grades 4-8 is STRICTLY October 18
Registration is now open for Basketball and Cheerleading. Click Sign Ups above and use the appropriate form.
Due to the potential of merging teams from St. Basil's CYO, we are enforcing a STRICT deadline of October 18 for basketball for Grades 4 - 8. The registration fee is $75 for grades 5-8 and $35 for grade 4. After October 18, the fee will increase to $100 for grades 5-8 and $50 for grade 4, and registrations will only be accepted for divisions where we have positions available on a team. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE DEADLINE!
Note that the deadline will be extended for Cheerleading, 3rd Grade Basketball, and High School Basketball.
How Does the Holy Family School/St. Basil's Merger Affect Winter Sports?
1) CYO is parish based and is independent of Holy Family School
2) St. Basil's is keeping their CYO. According to Archdiocese CYO rules, if a parish has a CYO, children must play for that CYO. Therefore, any children who are members of St. Basil's parish, including those who attend Holy Family School, must register for basketball with St. Basil's CYO. There are some exceptions to this:
- Families who attended HFS last year (2014-15) and played basketball for Holy Family CYO with permission may continue to play for Holy Family CYO - these are "grandfathered" in, as special permission was given
- St. Basil's CYO does not have a 3rd grade basketball program or cheerleading. St. Basil's parishioners interested in participating in these programs may register for those with Holy Family CYO. 3rd grade basketball is intramural and instructional only.
3) At the registration deadline of October 18, Holy Family CYO and St. Basil's CYO will analyze our registration numbers for each division (boys/girls, 4th/JV/Varsity) and determine whether or not that division could be merged, pending Region 18 commissioner approval. For example, if St. Basil's does not have enough players to field a JV girls team, those JV girls will be merged with a Holy Family CYO JV girls team.
It is extremely important that all basketball participants in 4th through 8th grades be registered by the deadline of October 18 so we can do this analysis. Evaluations for dividing teams begins on November 2 and merged teams will participate in the evaluations, so this needs to be determined prior to that. PLEASE do not wait until the last minute to sign up!
For questions, please email us at email@example.com. Please understand that this is all very new and uncharted territory... Please be patient and understanding, and we at Holy Family CYO will be also - we will work through this and do what is best for the kids!
4th Grade Volleyball
We are starting a 4th Grade Volleyball program for girls and boys. This is an informal/intramural program and is open to all 4th graders in the Holy Family parishes. There is no cost. The sessions will be held on Tuesday after school, from 3:15 to 4:30 PM at Griffin Hall. For HFS students, a parent will walk them to the gym after school. For other schools, arrive when possible - this is an informal program for learning volleyball and fun.
We ask that you please sign up using this form so we know how many to expect.
Holy Family Track Team at the Penn Relays