CYO Coaching/Volunteer Requirements
Anyone interested in coaching/voluneering for Holy Family CYO is required, by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, and the State of Pennsylvania, to do the following to be approved.
Also, all clearances (Background Check and Child Abuse Clearance) now need to be updated every 3 years.
All clearances are held on file at St. Ann's parsh office.
- Submit a State Police Background Check (No older than 3 years) to a Holy Family CYO Athletic Director. Register as a "new" volunteer (free). - Online Request
- Submit a Department of Welfare Child Abuse Clearance (No older than 3 years) to a Holy Family CYO Athletic Director. Register as a "new" volunteer (free). You can contact Lisa at St. Ann's parish office at email@example.com to obtain a code that can be used to send your clearance directly to St. Ann's from the online system. Otherwise, you will need to print/scan when you receive your results - either is OK. Get this code prior to beginning the online form. - Online Request
- Disclosure Statement Application for Volunteers if you have lived in Pennsylvania for 10 consecutive years - Print Form, Sign, and Return to a Holy Family CYO Athletic Director
- FBI Fingerprint Clearance, only if you have not lived in Pennsylvania for 10 consecutive years. See below for obtaining an FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Attend a Safe Environment Workshop (Protecting God's Children). To do this, visit Virtus Online and click on the Registration link.
- Complete the online Safe Environment Mandated Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse component at the Archdiocese Office for Child and Youth Protection site.
- Attend a Coach's Orientation Session (Course Schedule) and give a copy of the certificate to a Holy Family CYO Athletic Director. (Note: St. Ann's, the administrative parish for Holy Family CYO, does not currently accept the online Coach's Orientation class. Wait until there is an in-person course available on that site.)
Obtaining an FBI Fingerprint Clearance
To obtain an FBI Fingerprint Clearance, visit https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpwNew.htm (make sure you register with the Department of Human Services) or call 1-888-439-2486 – again, this is only needed if you have not lived in PA for 10 consecutive years. The State has partnered with 3M Cogent to process fingerprint clearances. Your personal information needs to be registered on 3M Cogent’s website and the clearance fee must be paid before you can be fingerprinted. The fee is $25.75 and will be reimbursed by the Parish. For “Reason Fingerprinted”, select “Employment with a significant likelihood of regular contact with children”. After the registration process is completed, a registration receipt will be e-mailed that you must take with you to a location to be fingerprinted. You will have 90 days to be fingerprinted or the registration is canceled. The processed clearance will be mailed to you in less than 3 weeks.
The following local sites offer fingerprinting:
UPS Store 3272 – 518 Kimberton Road, Phoenixville, PA 19460 (M-F 10-6 and Sat 10-4)
Owen J Roberts Administration Bldg – 901 Ridge Rd., Pottstown, PA 19465 (T-Th 8-4)
UPS Store 3443 – 295 E. Swedesford Road, Wayne, PA 19087 (M-F 10-6 and Sat 10-4)
UPS Store 4721 – 929 S. High Street, West Chester, PA 19382 (M-F 10-6 and Sat 10-4)
For a listing of other sites, click: https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpwNew.htm and select “Print Locations & Hours”.